MBA stands for Master of business administration, which is a post graduation degree in India. MBA is one of the most popular courses among students as it offers a dynamic career. MBA course strengthens the analytical, theoretical and applied knowledge base of business administration. The prominent business schools like IIMs, offer postgraduate diploma in management which is recognized in India as similar to an MBA degree. A standard MBA program is completed in the duration of 2 years.
MBA Admission Eligibility
MBA Admission 2019 in the top business schools of India and Top MBA Colleges in NCR needs the qualification of the top management entrance examinations such as CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT etc. Qualifying these entrances opens the door to the top management colleges of the country. However, there are some management institutes that conduct their own entrance examinations on the basis of which they take admissions.
After being shortlisted, the students have to go through group discussion and personal interview round to secure a seat in the management institute.
Major Types of MBA
General MBA: In the general MBA course, the student usually studies the general characteristics of management. He studies the management topics in the first year. Then in the second year, a student takes up a specialization of his choice.
Specialized MBA: A specialized MBA offers the opportunity to take up subjects specialization and study it thoroughly in the Top MBA College in NCR. These courses enable the candidates to focus their study on certain skills meant specifically for different industries.
Master of Business Administration Subjects:
Some of the common MBA subjects that students have to study in every specialization are:
- Financial Accounting
- Business Planning
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Strategic and Marketing Management
Master of Business Administration specializations:
- International Business (IB)
- Human Resource
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Care Management
- Operation Management
- Rural Management
MBA in India is categorized in the Following Segments:
1. Full-Time MBA: A full-time MBA is of 2 years that includes 4 semesters. It includes dissertation, industrial work, projects, and summer internship. Students take up their minor and major specialization subjects as per their choices. The choice of specialization subjects generally includes Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Information Technology, Operations and Logistics, Systems, International Trade and Business, Risk Management, Consumer Behavior and many others.
2. Part-Time MBA : Part-time MBA from the List of MBA colleges in Greater Noida, is pursued by those who cannot pursue a full-time course due to the shortage of time or any other reasons. Mostly working people go for a part-time MBA.
3. Executive MBA : An Executive MBA is designed for working professionals. It helps them in acquiring a degree while pursuing their career. This course allows these working professional to enhance their skills, including in their resumes as an add-on and get career growth.
4. Distance Learning MBA : This is a correspondence course; where, the student doesn’t have to attend classes or just a few classes in a year and only appear for the exams. The study material is usually delivered at the address of the students. Most of the institutes in the List of MBA colleges in Greater Noida have a department of distance education that offers this course.
5. Online MBA : Online MBA is offered through the medium of internet. Students study virtually and receive online lectures in this type of course.
Online MBA, Part-Time MBA and Distance Learning MBA have their own advantages. They offer students the flexibility to study according to their availability of time and convenience. Moreover, you can continue your work as well along with study; this is the reason why these courses are becoming popular these days.