There are countless advantages of an MBA degree, it can help you boost confidence, teach you versatility, open doorway to higher remuneration and opens diverse career options as well. Along with it the networking opportunities is a cherry on the cake. But before you begin your MBA journey, it is important that you understand the MBA Admission Process thoroughly so that you choose the right career prospect.
For getting admission into the best business school of your choice, read the process mentioned below and select the college accordingly. Apart from that also read the eligibility of MBA course in India.
MBA Admission Process:
MBA admission process in top MBA colleges opens every year in the month of July/August and closes after 2-3 months from the opening date. Nearly every other top college gets covered during the entrances which take place during this period only.
The IIFT, IIMs, NMIMS, XLRI, SIBM among other top institutes open their admission process during the month of July-August only. While other MBA colleges such as the FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, IMI, IMT begin the admissions during September- October and closes in the month of December. If you wish to get admission into these MBA institutes, it is time that you should learn about their admission process first.
4-Step MBA Admission Process to IIMs, FMS, XLRI, MDI and others
1. Register and apply for MBA entrance exams
Prepare for the MBA admissions. Register and submit your application before the last date. Admission process in the top MBA colleges open in the month of August/September and you should apply to relevant MBA entrances including CAT/XAT/IIFT/NMAT/ SNAP during this time only within their specified registration window. Remember that most of the national level MBA entrance exams such as CAT and XAT close their registration process in the month of September and November, respectively. However, the registration for CAT continues for 30-45 days. It is recommended that you prepare your exam calendar prior to entrances.
2. Appear in the Entrance Exam
Once you have registered for the entrance exam it is time to prepare yourself for the judgment day. Start your preparations and appear in the entrance exam. Those who wish to pursue their management education in PGDM/MBA program from top MBA colleges should appear in the entrances such as CAT, XAT, NMAT or other relevant entrance exams.
3. Shortlisting and Cut-Offs
Once the entrance exam is done, most of the results will be declared in the month of January or earlier. The top B-schools will share their cut-off lists and will also shortlist the suitable candidates for the final admission round on the basis of the exam scores, overall academics, diversity, work experience among some of the other parameters as per the respective B-school admission policy and weights Remember that each institute completes its admission process on its own.
4. GD-PI & WAT Round with Final Admission Process
As soon as you are done with the entrance and have been shortlisted, the dates for the Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT) will be followed by the Personal Interview (PI) round. Some of the B-schools like FMS conduct GD & extempore before the personal interview session as well, while the other institutes such as the MDI will conduct GD-PI, some even do psychometric tests also. On the basis of your overall performance in all of these, the final merit list is being generated and the admission is being offered in the respective B-schools.
Apart from this, most candidates also prepare for the part-time MBA’s and Distance MBA courses as well. You should learn about these courses during the above-mentioned period of time only. However, first make up your mind whether you wish to pursue your MBA full time, part-time and distance, then only prepare for the exam.
Here is a list of some of the top colleges you should prepare for:
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Shillong
7 Faculty of management studies etc.
MBA Eligibility for Admission in Top MBA Colleges in Delhi/ NCR
Here are the qualifications required to join MBA course in India: –
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen. International students are also eligible to pursue MBA course in India.
- Students who wish to pursue an MBA course should shave a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university to be eligible for the admission process.
- The candidate should have a percentage of 45%-60% as a minimum requirement to take up MBA course in India.
- A valid score in any of the management entrance exams such as CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ NMAT etc.
Most of the candidates wish to get their MBA degree from the institute across any place in the nation, while some of them wish to get their degree from the best institutes in the country capital only. All those candidates who are looking for Top MBA Colleges in Delhi/ NCR, or are looking for the Best MBA college in Greater Noida, here is a list of some of the best colleges which you can get in this part of the country:
Top MBA College in Delhi/ NCR
1. Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi
The Faculty of Management Studies or FMS Delhi offers the best placements across the entire nation along with world-class facilities, and affordable education. All the candidates who are studying for MBA exams should be aware of the FMS. This institute does not give you a cliched B-school plush infrastructure, however, has its own advantages as well. The college runs its own student body for placements, domain-specific mentorship, peer-based learning culture and a lot more.
Highlights of the FMS
- Excellent Placements – Average package:21.16 LPA; Lowest Package: 8.09 LPA.
- Full participation and interactions with faculty and corporate student engagement, alumni sessions and easy e-resources.
- Fee <1 Lakh.
- Decent gender ratio.
2. Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Department of Management Studies or IIT Delhi needs no introduction. It is one of the top-notch MBA institutes currently available in the country. It is also at the second spot in our Top MBA Colleges in Delhi/ NCR list. This institute boasts a world-class infrastructure, sports facilities, faculty, entertainment facilities and more.
The business leader lecture series, annual business summits, conclaves, and less of textbooks curriculum make it a unique choice among all.
Highlights of the Department of Management Studies
- Hostel, Gym, Sports, Auditorium, Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi, Cafeteria, and Library Facilities.
- Excellent Placements – Average package:16.54Lakhs; Lowest Package: 7.50Lakhs.
- Huge Campus and good for live projects, summer internships, final placements also.
3. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
The IIFT offers one of the best campuses in the entire Delhi. It is known for its amazing placement records, corporate competitions, full-time summer internship opportunities and extracurricular participation along with holistic development of the students. The college is excellent for both finance and Marketing students.
Highlights of the IIFT for MBA
- Affordable Fees
- Average Package: Approx. 19.23LPA.
- Gym, Hostel, Cafeteria, Wi-Fi, Auditorium, Labs and more.
- Some students can also avail scholarships.
Apart from the MBA colleges in Delhi, you can also apply for the Best MBA College in Greater Noida.
1. Mangalmay Group of Institutions
The Mangalmay Group of Institutions is the best management school in the entire Greater Noida region. Here are some amazing features of this institute:
- Student exchange programs with foreign countries.
- Wi-Fi Campus, Hostel, Library, Sports, Auditorium, Music Room, AC classrooms, Labs.
- Great Placements- 5LPA to 7LPA for finance students and 12LPA average placements for marketing students.