Are you planning to change your BTech college after studying for a year? But do not know the process of how can you change the same. Well, this blog is here to help you by giving all the information as to how can you change the college after 1st Year BTech.
So, read the blog in full and get acquainted with the useful information.
Pursuing the BTech degree course is a matter of result-oriented career choice. Every single year, several aspiring students take admission into the engineering course to pursue their bright career ahead.
Now, getting admission into a favored choice of BTech college requires a thorough set of processes. Similarly, a few steps are required to follow, if you want to change your existing college after completing the 1st year of BTech.
Why Change after 1st Year of BTech?
Just like every single student has his/her choice to choose a particular BTech college. In the same manner, it is your choice to change the university after completing the first year of graduation.
Now, there could be any reason for migrating to a different college and continuing the studies of BTech.
- You might be relocating to another city, state, or country.
- Your parents are transferring from one region to another.
- You took the admission in whatever college you found before 1st year and now you are getting admission into a dream college.
- You want to explore a new region and for this reason, you need a transfer.
- Any other personal reason could be the one for migrating.
- In case, the current college is not providing an appropriate education.
- In case you feel the courses offered here is tough and the faculty is not that good.
Now, whatever might be the case, you can change your college after the successful completion of the BTech 1st semester.
Step-by-Step Process to Migrate to New College to Pursue BTech
To change your existing engineering college to any other one, you have to follow certain steps that might differ from institution to institution.
- Apply for admission into new college.
- Write an application of migration to the principle of your existing BTech institute.
- You are required to send relevant documents to the new college.
- Original 1st year result
- Migration certificate with a stamp on it
- 10th and 12th class mark sheets
- Domicile certificate
- ID proof
- Residential proof
- Application form duly filled
- Transfer certificate
- Pay the migration fee in the new college.
- Switching from an existing to a new BTech college could be expensive or cost-effective accordingly.
- If changing from government college to a private college, then expect to pay 70 to 80% higher fee.
Key Advantages of Migrating to a New College for BTech
- You will get to study an improved and streamlined curriculum.
- Find new friends and acquaintances.
- If shifted from a small city to a metro city, it will be a major change in culture and lifestyle.
- New set of studying environments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I change my college after the 1st semester?
Yes, you can change your college after 1st semester of BTech by following a few necessary steps and procedures.
- How to change the college after 1st year in AKTU?
For this, you can apply by filling up the form at the college, submitting the same with relevant documents, and then changing your brand accordingly.
- Can I get lateral entry without a diploma?
Yes, you can get lateral entry without a diploma because the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has permitted BTech students to take admission to any other brand of engineering college.
- What is the difference between BTech and BTech lateral?
Btech is a complete four-year duration course for which you need to give an entrance exam after completing your 12th. On the other side, Btech Lateral is when the students have completed an engineering diploma in 10th or 12th class and directly takes the admission into an engineering college.