Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech) is one of the most sought-after and prestigious undergraduate courses in India. Every single year, a number of students opted for this four-year engineering degree program to pursue their careers in the practical and knowledgeable field of engineering. The students from the science stream in 10+2 can take direct admission in top B.Tech colleges after qualifying for the respective entrance examinations.
B.Tech course has become the most pioneer course and a stepping stone for science background students to make a flourishing career ahead. Students looking to take admission in B.Tech college will not only get detailed informative knowledge of engineering. But hands-on practical skills as well to acquire a leading position at the company in the years ahead.
When it comes to taking admission in BTech program, first students have to choose the specialization which is listed below:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
All the above-mentioned specialization of BTech course offers a bright career prospect to students into different fields.
Next to look at is the different ways to get admission into a professional undergraduate program i.e. Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech).
Direct Admission in Engineering College without Donation
Aspiring students looking forward to taking direct admission in the topmost engineering college without donation have to go through an entrance test way.
Here, in India, prospective students looking for a no donation admission have to showcase their talent from the time of school itself by securing a minimum of 50% marks in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
In addition to the above, students have to give the entrance examination either national or state-level exam.
- JEE Main: It is a national level BTech examination conducted by National Testing Agency. JEE Main is an important entrance examination to take direct admission into BTech renowned NIT, IIT and GFTI. It consists of two papers i.e. Paper 1 (BE/BTech) and Paper 2 (Barch/Bplan).
- JEE Advanced: It is another national level entrance examination for BTech admission into IIT. For this, students have to qualify for JEE Main first to give the attempt of JEE Advanced.
- MHT CET: This is an interstate entrance exam for students looking to take admission in their preferred choice of BTech college.
- TS EAMCET: It is also a state-level BTech entrance exam for students who get admission based on their scores.
Direct Admission in BTech Lateral Entry
BTech lateral entry is for students who have completed their diploma in engineering and want to pursue the BTech. It is a program for students already having the knowledge and practical skills of the course and looking to get direct admission in the 2nd year of Bachelor of Technology. For such talented students, BTech Colleges Lateral Entry program is offered by the topmost engineering colleges in India.
To get admission in the BTech Lateral Entry program, students have to opt for the LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test). As for the eligibility, anyone who has completed a 3-year diploma in engineering and has scored at least 50% aggregate marks in the diploma program can sit for the entrance test.
Direct Admission in BTech without Entrance Exam
No government college in India accepts students to take direct admission in BTech without an entrance examination. There are several pioneers and privately established universities available for knowledgeable and talented students that offer admission without a test. It is all based on the previous academic background of students, aggregate marks, and skills gained in the past.
Direct Admission in BTech in UP
If you are thinking to get direct admission in BTech in UP, then there are several professional and reliable universities available. You can sit for the national or state-level entrance examination or get direct entrance into the college as an aspiring engineering student. It is all based on the choice of college, specialization, 10+2 marks, or aggregate score in engineering diploma, if have to get choice of university admission.
Documents Required for B.Tech Admission
There is a list of documents required by students to get admission into a BTech college.
- Course Registration Slip
- Part Academic fee Slip
- Allotment Letter
- JEE Admit Card
- JEE Rank Card
- Verification Slip
- 10th Class Marksheet and Certificate
- 10+2 Class Marksheet and Certificate
- ID Proof
- School Leaving Certificate
- Character Certificate
- 4 Passport Size Photographs
- Undertaking on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10 for seeking provision admission
- Undertaking for compliance with AICTE
And many more.
List of Engineering Colleges in India
The number of BTech Colleges in India is huge. And, here look at the topmost colleges for the Bachelor of Technology undergraduate program.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Chandigarh University
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
And, several others.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Difference Between a Bachelor of Technology and a Bachelor of Engineering?
BEE (Bachelor of Engineering) involves more of a theoretical knowledge and program curriculum. Whereas, BTech covers both theoretical and practical skills.
- What is Next After Pursuing BTech?
Students can opt for MTech or simply get a high-level professional job at one of the leading companies in India.
- What Skills are Required for BTech?
You must be good in communication, leadership skills, teamwork, knowledgeable, familiar with Indian standards, analytical, have a creative set of mind, and more.
- What is the Scope of BTech?
The scope of BTech is always bright for students in the field of computers and technology. You can land a very good professional position after gaining a deep level of knowledge.
- Is Pursuing BTech Difficult?
If you find the study and concepts interesting and totally understandable, then nothing is difficult for you.