Computer Science Engineering Subjects
The students applying for the course of Computer Science engineering study design, implementation, and management of both software and hardware processes.
Before applying for this course aspirants should understand what computer science engineering compiles of. It is an intensive study of computer hardware and software by integrating both engineering and computer science. It includes both the study of theoretical algorithms and the practical problems as well as data structures, computation, database systems and analysis of algorithms and designing of a computer.
Computer Science: Admission Process
For pursuing the CSE course the aspirant is selected on merit list or by clearing entrance based examination. Different universities in Greater Noida have different approaches for admission. Some select candidates through merit list without entrance exams. However major universities conduct entrance exams for course admission and good scoring with a personal interview is quite essential. Some of the entrance exams conducted by colleges are
- JEE Mains
- JEE (Advanced)
- IPU CET
Subjects of Computer Science Engineering
The main categories of the subjects with credit break up that the students of CSE have to pursue are
- Humanities and Social Sciences including Management courses 12
- Basic Science courses 24
- Engineering Science courses including workshop, drawing, basics of electrical/mechanical/computer etc 29
- Professional core courses 49
- Professional Elective courses relevant to chosen specialization/branch 18
- Project work, seminar and internship in industry or elsewhere 15
- Mandatory Courses [Environmental Sciences, Induction Program, Indian Constitution, Essence of Indian Knowledge Tradition] No credit
Subjects divided in 8 Semesters
The above-mentioned subjects can further be divided into subjects according to the semesters.
First Semester and Second Semester
These semesters have the below-mentioned subjects which will be divided differently by different colleges and institutes in two semesters.
- Calculus and Linear Algebra
- Engineering Physics
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Elements of Civil Engineering and Mechanics
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Physics Laboratory
- Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Technical English-I
- Engineering Chemistry
- C Programming For Problem Solving
- Basic Electronics
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Chemistry Laboratory
- C Programming Laboratory
- Advanced Calculus and Numerical Methods
- Technical English-II
- Data Structures and Applications
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Computer Organization
- Software Engineering
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Analog and Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Data Structures Laboratory
- Communication Kannada (OR) Constitution of India, Professional Ethics and Human Rights
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- Microcontroller and Embedded Systems
- Object-Oriented Concepts
- Data Communication
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm Laboratory
- Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Laboratory
- Management and Entrepreneurship for the IT Industry
- Computer Networks
- Database Management System
- Automata Theory and Computability
- Rapid Application Development using Python
- UNIX Programming
- Computer Network Laboratory
- System Software and Compiler
- Computer Graphics and Visualization
- Cloud Computing and its Applications
- Professional Elective -1
- Open Elective –A
- System Software and Operating System Laboratory
- Computer Graphics Laboratory with a mini project
- Mobile Application Development
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Big Data Analytics
- Professional Elective – 2
- Professional Elective – 3
- Open Elective –B
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Laboratory
- Project Work Phase – 1
- Internet of Things
- Professional Elective – 4
- Project Work Phase – 2
- Technical Seminar
Other than the subjects students have to choose electives as part of their curriculum.
What is Elective?
Electives are courses that are not included in the general curriculum and are the intensive study of the subject matter we choose to be our elective by choice for professional education.
Electives allow you to choose a college course that fulfills your requirements and helps you boost your GPA while you develop new and effective skills.
A number of different options for electives are given by different colleges. Not all are included in every college.
- Software Reliability
- VLSI Design
- Object-Oriented System Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Modeling and Simulation
- Digital Communication
- Mobile Computing
- Applied Graph Theory
- Theory of Computation
- Principles of Programming Languages
- Computational Geometry
- Image and Video Processing
- Computational Intelligence
Other Elective Options
- Data Analytics
- Communication Network
- Natural Language Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Software Engineering
- Computer Graphics
- Computational Complexity
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Dependable Computing
- Symbolic Logic and Automated Reasoning
- Parallel Algorithms
- Sensor Networks
- Fault-Tolerant Systems
- Networks and Systems Security
- Digital Signal Processing
- Cloud Computing
- High-Performance Computing
- Interconnection Networks
Assignment in Computer Science
Assignments are an important part of the curriculum in computer science engineering as it helps gain detailed practical knowledge on LAN, WAN, PAN, MAN, and similar other topics.
It expands the subject knowledge of database systems for storing, analyzing and retrieving data from a computer system.
- Assignments are given to students to cover all the important and crucial studies of the subject and are given after completion of each syllabus.
- It is essential for the students to complete each assignment in the given time frame to help them prepare for the internal and final exams. Every student is evaluated and given marks in accordance with their performance in assignments.
- The students are expected to neatly and accurately write solutions to assignments. The assignments will be corrected by the faculty abiding by rules of the university.
How do the subjects of CSE help us?
- Subjects of Computer Science Engineering help you organize information on past, present, and future of computing and will teach you to convert this knowledge into innovations and general working.
- Computer science subjects provide you with skills that help you create a properly framed algorithm to find solutions for data structures in computing.
- The subjects given in the different semesters will give you extensive knowledge of computing after completion of theoretical or practical projects of computer science courses.