Always we have a curiosity…. what happens if all the trees in the rainforest will cut down or the hazardous Chemicals will spill into a river or ocean? The answer is “Environmental Science”.
An interdisciplinary academic field that integrates physical, biological and information sciences (including ecology, biology, physics, chemistry, plant science, zoology, mineralogy, limnology, soil science, geology and atmospheric science) to the study of the environment, and the solution of environmental problems is called Environmental science.
The main work of Environmental scientists is to conduct research to identify, control, or eliminate sources of pollutants or hazards affecting the environment or public health.Tasks do vary significantly from job to job, the scope and importance of an environmental scientist job is listed below:
- Developing research methods and systems that are best fit for the chemicals and environment that are being researched and to know more about the sustainable way of living
- Use observations, samples, and specimens to collect data
- Review current scientific literature on an ongoing basis to stay abreast of developments in the field and understand the behaviour of organisms under natural conditions
- Present research findings to internal and external stakeholders through a variety of media channels and to educate and aware people about environmental problem & issues
- Communicating with senior scientists and administrators through formal and informal reports and to use natural resources more effectively without harming the environment.
There are several Career option in Environmental Science that it is difficult to consider them as one category. You could end up working from home most of the time or traveling around the world on an annual basis. You could be doing desk work, field work, or some combination thereof.
People engaged in Environmental Policy, Planning, and Management usually work for a local government and are likely to be engaged in a lot of research intensive work. Environmental Lawyers may be able to get out of the office to the courtroom, or, again, have intensive desk jobs.
Wildlife Managers, Zoologists, and Horticulturists are often thought to have positions which keep them working in a mix of indoors and out, but generally in one location. Oceanographers and Meteorologists could spend their entire careers in the safety of a laboratory working upper level computer models, or much of their time at sea, studying the weather. Microbiologists, Soil and Plant Scientists, and Ecologists could work in remediation efforts, for sanitation companies, in manufacturing, at a university, for many private companies, law firms, not-for-profit groups, or government agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Park Service, or the United States Geological Survey.
Mangalmay is The Best B.Sc Biotech college in Greater Noida For More Information:
Mangalmay Group of Institutions
Greater Noida, Delhi NCR
Call us : 1800 200 9260
Visit : http://www.mangalmay.org/