B. Tech Lateral Entry is one of the many technical education options in India for pursuing engineering. A student gets direct entry in the B.Tech second year through B.Tech – Lateral Entry and gains quality learning experience that will shape their success in chosen fields. This program lets students pursue various B.Tech programs from the second year of the college in various engineering colleges in India.
Difference between Regular B.Tech and B.Tech LE:
There is no major educational difference between regular B.Tech and B.Tech LE. The only significant difference is that the duration of regular B.Tech is 4 years whereas that of B.Tech LE is 3 years. After completing the diploma, Students take admission in the second year of the regular B.Tech program after completing their engineering diplomas.
Eligibility and Educational Qualifications required for B.Tech Lateral Entry:
Following is the educational qualification you should have in order to take lateral entry admission in B.Tech:
- You must have completed a 3 year (most colleges only accept full-time diploma) diploma in engineering.
- Best B.Tech College in Noida requires minimum 45-50% aggregate in 3-year diploma. However, this may vary from university to university.
Admission Process for B.Tech Lateral Entry:
Various Engineering institutes and universities including the Best B.Tech College in Noida offer Admission in B.Tech LE programs on the basis of entrance exams.
Different institutes consider different entrance exams. Most of the private colleges and regional government colleges take admission on the basis of state entrance exams.
Some universities and institutes might conduct their own entrance exam for admission to B.Tech LE programs offered by them.
Entrance Exams for Lateral Entry Admission in B.Tech 2nd Year:
Various entrance exams in India are conducted for lateral entry admissions to B.Tech programs offered by different colleges:
- Delhi Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
- LPU NEAT (National Engineering Aptitude Test)
- Kerala University Lateral Entry Exam
- Calicut University Lateral Entry Entrance Exams
- KIIT University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
- Mumbai University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
- Lateral Entry Entrance Test LEET
- MIT-Manipal BE Lateral Entry Entrance Exam
- UKSEE B.Tech (Lateral Entry) Entrance Exam
- West Bengal University Joint Entrance Exam for Lateral Entry (JELET)
- Uttarakhand Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test
Eligible candidates can get the lateral entry for B. Tech in the following streams:
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech in Biotechnology Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechatronics
- B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech in Industrial & Production Engineering
- B.Tech in Printing & Media Technology
Which one is better – Regular B.Tech or B.Tech LE?
Both the programs are considered equivalent in the market as far as job opportunities are concerned. Candidates after earning B.Tech LE degree from the Best engineering college in Noida are offered the same positions and opportunities as regular B.Tech graduates.
Experts believe that a student gains practical and core subject knowledge during the engineering diploma which helps LE students understand machines better. This program is sometimes proved to be an added advantage for students who are pursuing B.Tech courses from the Best engineering college in Noida like Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
It’s a good option to go for B.Tech lateral entry, and there is no harm in it. You can take the right entrance exams to secure a seat in the good colleges offering B.Tech LE programs. You will get the best opportunities in the engineering and technical market As long as you score well.