Engineering is one of the favorite career fields of students in India. After completion of class 12 examination, almost every science student is preparing for B.Tech entrance tests to get admission in the Best B.Tech colleges in Noida. But to get through these entrance tests, you must have the knowledge and details about these tests.
Following are top engineering entrance exams of the country:
1. JEE MAIN
This entrance examination was previously called All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
JEE is the main national level engineering entrance exam for those students who wish to take admissions in the undergraduate programs offered by the IITs.
Candidates who are able to clear JEE or manage to hold a position in the top 1.5 lakh candidates get to enter the next stage, which is JEE Advanced.
JEE MAIN is the admission test for undergraduate engineering programs in:
- 23 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs, IIITM and IIITDM)
- 30 National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- 16 Central Government/State Government Funded Institutions
- Different self-financed deemed universities and other institutions
- Applicants should have cleared in the final examination of class 12 or its corresponding exam with five subjects.
- Candidates can attempt JEE Main for a maximum of three times.
- Start of JEE Main Online Applications: December
- JEE Main Results (Scores): month of April
2. JEE Advanced
Joint Entrance Examination or JEE Advanced is believed to be the toughest engineering entrance examination in India. Students must clear the JEE Advanced exam in order to secure one of the 10,000 odd seats for undergraduate studies in the various IITs. JEE Advanced is Admission test held for 23 IITs in India.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants have to be among the top 1.5 lakh rank holders in JEE Main.
- Application availability or Online Registration: April
- JEE Advanced: May
- Declaration of Result: June
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is nearly as tough as the JEE Advanced. It is the Admission test for the Engineering degree courses in BITS campuses in Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa.
Only those candidates are eligible for this test who have scored a minimum of 75 percent marks in PCM in their class 12 Board exams.
Candidates who have secured the first rank in all the state and central boards in India will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, regardless of their BITSAT score.
Availability of application form: January
BITSAT online tests: May
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test is held for students who wish to take admission in the B.Tech colleges of Karnataka.
The exam is held for admitting students into engineering colleges in Karnataka.
- Candidates are required to have passed 10+2 from with a minimum of 45 percent marks in PCM; for SC/ST/OBC candidates, minimum marks should be 40 percent
- The medium of study should be English.
- The candidates should have original proof of their residency, and they must be a resident of Karnataka.
- A student should have studied seven years in Karnataka, in case he/she is coming from outside Karnataka.
- Students are selected as per the marks obtained in KCET.
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is held for students who want to take admission in various B.Tech colleges of Maharashtra. The test is held in two phases at two different dates of the year.
- You should have secured a minimum of 50 per cent marks in PCM in your 10+2 examination from a recognized Board in India.
- Minimum 45 per cent marks for the SC/ST/OBC candidates
For taking admission into various courses like Engineering, Pharmacy, Management Design, Architecture etc. of Best engineering colleges in Noida, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University conducts The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE).
Different technical institutes across Uttar Pradesh including Best B.Tech colleges in Noida have around 1.50 lakh engineering seats in about 4,000 government colleges, and the UPSEE test is held to fill all these seats.
- Minimum 45 percent in class 12th.
- Main subjects should be physics and mathematics, along with an optional subject such as Chemistry /Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- Minimum marks required by SC/ST/OBC candidates are 40 percent.
Mangalmay Group of Institutions
Greater Noida, Delhi NCR
Call us : 1800 200 9260
Visit : http://www.mangalmay.org/