B.TECH IN DATA SCIENCE AND ITS SCOPE
As far as Data Science is concerned, there is a huge scope in this Industry globally as well as in India at present. According to a 2018 estimate, Data Science vacancies will hit approximately 2.9 million within India. Experts are further hopeful that the demand will increase further in the coming decade as companies plan to hire more Data scientists and Data engineers in the future.
Consequently, most of the Big Data & Analytics colleges in Delhi NCR have started to invest heavily in Data Science education to provide the necessary skills and expertise to students.
Data Science – One of the Most Lucrative Careers of the future
According to a recent survey report released by – The Hindu, there are close to 100,000 vacant positions for Data Science in India which is an increase of over 40% in the last two years.
There is a huge gap at present between the supply and demand of Data Science experts primarily because the supply is not able to meet demand. This discrepancy is also due to the steep learning curve of this subject which involves students undergoing an extensive study of computer science, statistics, and mathematics.
However, the efforts are also rewarding since even entry-level Data Scientists and Data Analysts earn around INR 600,000/- per annum which is more than the national average for professionals in other technological fields.
B.Tech in Data Science
The course on paper is a 4-year undergraduate study. However, the reality is that those who want to pursue Data Science and Big Data need to give a bigger commitment of many years to be called intelligent and knowledgeable Data Scientists. This discipline enables someone to analyze growing volumes of structured transaction data to uncover hidden patterns, correlations, and other insights.
One must focus on the following parameters before opting for a B.Tech program:
- Define your goals – it is important to know if you want to be called as a Data Scientist or just a Hadoop developer or a Python Programmer. Data Science is a vast field where one needs to know many aspects related to the analytics field. It then also paves the way for super specialization in any of its different areas.
- Identify Skill Gaps – basic skills required by data scientists include – SQL skills, hands-on experience of “Data to Decisions” framework, understanding Applied statistical techniques ranging from elementary level such as profiling, correlation analysis to advanced level such as predictive analytics. It is thus important for students to get a flavor of Data Science and read about the industry by accessing free resources on the net and then make a conscious decision if this is indeed going to be their profession of choice.
- Do your research and chose the right mode of study – finally, it’s important to discuss with friends, peers, and mentors to know which course and institution should one pick to complete their education in Data Science. There are certification courses as well as long-term courses and the mode of study can range from online, part-time to full-time study.
However, it is important to understand that only a full-time long term study can help a student build an excellent foundation in Data Science which will help his/her career grow in the long-run.
Now, let’s list down some of the Big Data & Analytics colleges in Delhi NCR providing in-depth education in this field:
- Mangalmay Institute of Engineering and Technology – offering a full-time 4-year B.Tech course to train students on existing and emerging theories and techniques concerning Data Science.
- BML Munjal University – is a private university in Gurugram and is offering a B.tech in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- Sharda University – is offering a B.Tech in Computer Science with a specialization in DS.
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- SRM University
In a world where data is all-pervasive and present everywhere around us, the importance of Data Analyst and Big Data professionals who can deal with such a huge amount of data and manipulate it to solve problems increases by multiple times.
Mangalmay Group of Institutions foresees and acknowledges this reality which has made the Institute develop a course that is extremely relevant and it has made them be recognized as a top data science college in Greater Noida. It is also worth noting that Mangalmay Institute fees in the Data Science course in Delhi NCR are quite reasonable and affordable.
Know more on – www.mangalmay.org